Friday, January 8, 2010

Hey! I rememered my password!!!

HI THERE!

Long time, no post! Like... almost a whole YEAR. Please don't think I'm not responsible enough to tap a keyboard, but in my defense, I've been a very busy person these past several months.
First of all, i did end up having surgery for my scoliosis about a month ago. We went in at 5Am the morning of December 9th, 2009. 3 hours late, I was waking up from anesthesia in the recovery room. But y'all know I can't do anything normal, so guess how I mixed this experience up. I did a complete flip in the recovery bed and ended up with my head at the foot of it. Ripping out all my IVs in the process. The exact same IVs they could not replace and the ones that were giving me my glorious pain medication. So I came back to earth from my "deep sleep" with NO PAIN MEDICATION,and a traumatized nurse trying to calm me down while they had some people get another IV. I barely remember anything, just asking the nurse to get my parents, and being declined because i was in too bad of a situation for visitors. Whatever. I was in deep pain at my 4 day hospital days, but when I got home, it was MUCH better. Just being home gave me the feeling that I knew I'd start doing better every day. Now, a month later, I'm at school, (with a backpack), and getting around really well. God has been with me the whole way. I still feel small amounts of pain here and there, but nothing is permanent.
I'll try to post before 2011. Happy New Year by the way! My B-day was Jan. 3rd, and I got a little over 80 bucks. I had a pretty good Christmas, too! Hope the same is for you guys!

Later,

Katie Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment